The holidays are almost upon us, and with them come more activities than most of us know how to handle. I’m no exception. Therefore today’s blog post will be short and sweet. Here are ten things I’m grateful for this Thanksgiving, in no particular order:
- My husband, Marc, who is my best friend, my confidante, and the love of my life. I don’t know what I’d do without him.
- My crazy pup, Ana, who fills my life with mischief and keeps me challenged every day.
- The wonderful students who’ve taught me so much over my past 17 years as a yoga teacher, particularly those in my yoga teacher training programs.
- My readers! I never thought I’d write a single book, much less be working on my 6th. Without the readers who’ve contacted me, I never could have kept going.
- My body, challenged though it may be. They say some of the best healers are injured, and I’m no exception. I sometimes angst over my body and wonder what I could have accomplished had I been healthier, but every ache and injury has taught me a valuable lesson that I can use to help others.
- Microsoft. I left the company in 2000, but without it I never would have had the financial ability to open Whole Life Yoga.
- My friends, who stick with me through hard times, remind me to enjoy simple pleasures like bingeing on popcorn while watching The Walking Dead, and drag me out of my cocoon when I’m feeling isolated.
- Champagne and dark chocolate. (OK, that’s two, but they go SO GOOD together!)
- Grey’s Anatomy. Fine, I admit it.
- Those of you reading this blog. I feel blessed to be able to spill my soul on paper and have people who are gracious enough to read it. May you all have rich, joyous, love-filled holidays!
What are you grateful for?
All four books in the Downward Dog Mystery Series are available at booksellers everywhere!