Welcome to week 4 of my Meditations to Change Your Life series. We all have special places–places we call home. The great news is that we don’t have to travel to find them. This meditation will take you there. Enjoy!
Arriving Home Meditation:
- Sit comfortably, with your spine erect and the crown of your head floating up to the ceiling.
- Notice your breath—without intentionally trying to change it. Bring your attention to the warmth and coolness of the breath at the tip of your nostrils.
- After 2 – 3 minutes, or whenever you are ready, bring to mind a real or imaginary place that has all the best qualities of “home” to you. A place where you feel safe, secure, where you really belong and can truly be yourself. Hold the qualities of this place in your heart as you continue the meditation.
- Then begin a mantra meditation with subsequent breaths. Each time you inhale, mentally think the word “arriving”, and as you exhale, mentally think the word “home.” Continue this mental repetition with every breath. Each breath, “arriving home.” When your attention wanders, just notice it, and invite your attention back to the sensation of the breath at the tip of your nose. Then return to reciting the phrase “arriving home” with every breath.
- Continue this meditation for 10 minutes or longer if you’d like.
All four books in the Downward Dog Mystery Series are available at booksellers everywhere!