I don’t know how I missed these, since they were created in 2005, but better late than never. Larry Payne, author of Yoga RX and co-author of Yoga for Dummies has several DVD’s available. Larry may not call his yoga style Viniyoga, but he studied with Desikachar—the leader of the Viniyoga lineage—and his work definitely utilizes the Viniyoga principles. There are a variety of practices to choose from:
- Immune Booster and General Conditioning: Level One
- Immune Booster and General Conditioning: Level Two
- Weight Management for People with Curves
- Common Lower Back Problems
- Common Upper Back & Neck Problems
- Restorative Health for Women
- Classic Beginner’s Yoga for Men & Women
Each video offers at least two, sometimes three, separate routines of different lengths. They also contain MP3 audio versions of the practices, so you can listen to them on your ipod or computer.
Although yoga is always best studied with a teacher, summer activities often make it difficult to get to the studio. I’m happy to be able to offer you the next best thing. I don’t currently carry these videos at the studio, but you can purchase them on line at Larry’s web site Samata.com.
Let me know what you think of them!